Monday, January 3

January 2011


One of my New Year's Resolutions is to finally start a food blog. I've been documenting my meals for over a year now, and have been obsessing about food for far longer. The problem of my procrastination: committing to a title and a concept. Too much to focus on! Not only do I love food, I love Austin, and the small towns around Austin. I love live music and drinking everything from local beer to local wine to local Dripping Springs Vodka and Sweet Leaf Tea. I love cooking and food trailers and the amazing ingredients you can get in the Texas Hill Country.

So, I decided my title would be A Fork in the Road, and I would mainly focus on Central Texas restaurants, wineries, farms, and the ingredients with which I would use to create delicious meals. Well, I soon found out that I wasn't the first genius to come up with this awesome title, and I couldn't get the Blogger domain name. So I figured Music to My Mouth was cute, and compactly encapsulates the supreme sensory combination of my two favorite things: perfect food and great music. I consider it a magical experience.

Since Music is in the title, I think it would be a good idea to regularly post what I'm listening to, in keeping with some sort of continuity. I'll list this at the bottom of my posts. However, due to my lack of commitment, my entries will be sporadic and broadly focused on food, Hill Country travels,  music (Yay SXSW 2011 in just 3 months!), restaurants, recipes, and whatever else strikes my fancy. Again, the procrastination thing, expect posts from last year, as I catch up with present day, and I can't say I will always do the normal blog chronological thing. But I'll do my best.

Cheers to 2011,

Michelle

Listening to: Empire of the Sun, Standing on the Shore

No comments:

Post a Comment